Tortellini with Sage Butter, Sweet Potatoes & Sweet Links - 1 lb. Sweet Links
This is a rich meal and one perfect for special occasions or a fall dinner treat! Serves 4-5.
1. Preheat oven to 400. Place Sweet Links on a baking tray. Dice 2-3 Sweet Potatoes and place on a baking tray. Bake potatoes until soft and a little crispy and Links until internal temp of 160. (Approxiamtely 20-30 minutes)
2. Cook 1 large package of Cheese Tortellini according to package directions and then drain.
3. Once Sweet Links are cooked through, slice into bite size pieces.
4. In serving bowls layer cooked sweet links, sweet potato and Tortellini. Keep warm or prepare sauce immediately after layering.
5. Right before serving, melt 1-2 TBL butter per bowl you'll be serving in a frying pan. Add fresh sage pieces (ripped into large bite sizes) to the melted butter. Constantly stir sage in the butter over medium-high heat until butter begins to brown and sage begins to crisp. (3-5 minuted depending on how fast your stove heats.) Be sure to remove butter sauce from heat once butter browns (and before it burns).
5. Top Tortellini mixture with browned butter sage sauce and serve topped with grated parmesan cheese.