Sweet Italian Pasta - 1 lb. Sweet Italian Sausage
1. Dice 1 zucchini, place on a roasting pan drizzled with olive oil. Roast in oven at 400 until soft (about 10 min.).
2. While zucchini roasts, Cook Sweet Italian Sausage in large pot or pan over medium high heat until crumbled and cooked through.
3. While meat cooks, boil enough water to cook one box of pasta of choice (our favorite is penne or fusilli). Drain pasta once cooked according to directions.
4. Add pasta to pot with cooked sausage and then mix in 1 can diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup pesto (add more to taste if needed), 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese, and the roasted zucchini. Mix together (add more pesto or parmesan to taste if needed).
5. Serve warm with extra parmesan cheese on top.
Side Option Ideas: sliced warm sourdough bread or salad